Entrepreneur Day Schedule
- September 27, 2013
- 6:00 pm - 9:30 pmTicketed Friday Evening Event- Business Networking Friday Night with Food & Beverages, along with our Title Sponsors, Guest Panelist/Speakers and our 2013 E-wards! Ticketing information, Guest Panelist/Speakers, Interactive Events, Mobile Apps, E-wards nominations, Exhibitors and more to be announced soon. Join our eNewsletter to receive updated information.
- September 28, 2013
- 11:00 am - 4:00 pmEntrepreneur Day 2013- Exhibitors, Pop-Up Offices, Consultants, Startup Demonstrations, Product Sampling, Raffles, Give-aways, Fashion Style Art Show & Lounge, Guest Speakers/Presenters, Main Stage Elevator Pitch Contest for Cash and Prizes, Mobile Apps, and more Interactive Events. Ticketing information, Guest Panelist/Speakers, Interactive Events, Mobile Apps, E-wards nominations, Exhibitors and more to be announced soon. Join our eNewsletter to receive updated information.
- September 27, 2013
“The Evolution of a Startup begins with the Entrepreneur™.”
Please refer to this page to read up on the exciting news about San Diego Entrepreneur Day 2013
The evolution of Entrepreneur Day started here: January 2012
* The East Village Association reviews the concept of the First Annual San Diego Entrepreneur Day to be held in downtown San Diego.
* Ray Hivoral presents the San Diego Entrepreneur Day concept to Mayor Jerry Sanders at a Mayoral Roundtable meeting. In his presentation, Hivoral starts his opening comments about his concept by saying, “Mayor Sanders, I have something exciting, something the people of San Diego County want, and something they need, San Diego Entrepreneur Day!”. After hearing more of the details associated to San Diego Entrepreneur Day, Mayor Sander’s replies, “I’m there!”. ”This event should be posted on the City of San Diego’s web site”, states Mayor Sanders.
* The East Village Association becomes the official Community Outreach Partner of San Diego Entrepreneur Day.
* Microsoft Corporation becomes one of the major sponsors of San Diego Entrepreneur Day.
* Car2Go becomes a major a sponsor of San Diego Entrepreneur Day.
* The UPS Store Corporate and San Diego Regional Area support San Diego Entrepreneur Day as a sponsor.
* The soft launch of the www.SDEntrepreneurDay.com web site is tested on the Company’s hosting platform. How do you like it? Do you want to get involved? Email us at info@SDEntrepreneurDay.com
* Seeking Best in Class Angel Investors for the 1st Annual San Diego Entrepreneur Day. Only 9 clouds available at Elevator Pitch to Angels.. www.SDEntrepreneurDay.com email us at info@SDEntrepreneurDay.com We are seeking qualified angel investors to hear a variety of elevator pitches presented by Entrepreneurs.
* Youth Entrepreneurship Program (YEP) and Business & Entrepreneurshipl Center (BEC) supports and participates in San Diego Entrepreneur Day.
The Youth Entrepreneurship Program (YEP) teaches high school and college students how to make a job, instead of take a job. YEP provides amazing opportunities to help young entrepreneurs succeed by offering several programs geared towards youth entrepreneurship and empowerment. YEP currently offers programs ranging from a 3 minute elevator pitch competition, a marketing campaign competition, an internship program, a freelance program, and a $1000 business plan competition. www.yepcalifornia.com <http://www.yepcalifornia.com>
The Business & Entrepreneurship Center (BEC) works with private, public and non-profit resources to build strong, sustainable and successful businesses. The end result is wealth creation, job creation and retention and better economic health in California. By partnering with local, well-respected business growth organizations and community colleges, the BEC and the entrepreneurs they serve can tap into an abundance of resources and know-how already in place, thereby enhancing the long-term growth and viability of these companies. www.becsandiego.com <http://www.becsandiego.com>
* San Diego Entrepreneur Day launches its Essay Contest, open to all San Diego High School, and San Diego Colleges and University students to submit their 300 words Essay on the topic(s), “Why do you want to be an Entrepreneur? And what is your next Big Idea?” Students are encouraged to submit their essay online at http://sdentrepreneurday.com/contests/upload-essay/ The deadline is September 1, 2012. Cash and prizes will be awarded to the best essays received at the high school, college and university levels.
* San Diego Entrepreneur Day team initiates discussions with musician turned Entrepreneur in launching the first San Diego Music Coworking and Training Center, www.RockandRollSanDiego.com (RRSD). RRSD may take part as the talent scout for San Diego Entrepreneur Day Battle of the Bands contest event. All of San Diego Entrepreneur Day’s contestant finalist must have passed the mustard through RRSD’s review.
*The San Diego Entrepreneur Day Fashion Show component is produced in partnership with a fashion industry veteran. JoAnn Jack has over twenty years of experience in merchandising management, sales and marketing program implementation, visual presentation, and customer service skills. An entrepreneur at the core, she has worked in Hospitality Merchandising for 5 Star properties, designed and produced an upscale line of childrenswear and operated an independent fashion showroom representing multiple brands. JoAnn currently operates a CCJ Solutions, a consulting collaborative focused on brand development and launch services for the fashion industry. In addition, she is a faculty member at FIDM and teaches classes focusing on Marketing, Fashion Design & Product Development. She attended University of Redlands where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.*Producers of the San Diego Entrepreneur Day Festival sign a Media Partnership with the U-T San Diego. The U-T San Diego plays a significant partnership role as a fully integrated media company and will utilize its assets to include the U-T San Diego Newspaper, UTSanDiego.com (formerly SignOnSanDiego.com), DiscoverSD.com and Night & Day Entertainment to promote and advertise the San Diego Entrepreneur Day Festival. Later this summer, the U-T San Diego plans to launch their own television station U-T TV. ”This strategic partnership with the U-T San Diego will benefit our exhibitors, our sponsorship partners, the attendees and all those involved with the San Diego Entrepreneur Day Festival”, comments Ray Hivoral, founder of the San Diego Entrepreneur Day Festival. “We attended John Lynch’s (New CEO of the U-T San Diego) presentation and met with members of their executive management team, the U-T San Diego has some major plans to be the leading integrated media company in southern California. We are very fortunate they selected our event to partner with as our goal is to make the San Diego Entrepreneur Day Festival an annual event!” say’s Ray Hivoral. The producers of the San Diego Entrepreneur Day Festival are Mike Spangler, President of Spangler Event Productions and Ray Hivoral, Founder of the San Diego Entrepreneur Center.June 2012Taylor Guitars participates as a sponsor in the Battle of the Bands in Town component eventCheck out our event poster! (click and print)
Entrepreneurs meet Mayoral candidate Carl DeMaio on Tuesday, June 26th. A CONFIRMED and FREE to attend event at the W-Hotel San Diego, 6PM sign in, commencing at 7PM panel discussion. Limited Seating only 50 seats left, RSVP at http://www.meetup.com/San-Diego-Entrepreneur-Center-Society/
Read about the W Hotel San Diego’s recent $5M renovation http://sdbj.com/news/2012/jun/14/w-hotel-completes-5m-revamp/
Mayoral candidate Carl DeMaio and five San Diego Startup Entrepreneurs- All asked, “What would you do if you were Mayor to help San Diego Startups and Entrepreneurs?” Interesting perspectives from the panel, especially Carl DeMaio. We will be posting portions of the video that captured their comments.
Jesse Arroyo Photography is appointed the official photographer for San Diego Entrepreneur Day.
Be Social PR becomes the PR agency of record for San Diego Entrepreneur Day.
FOX NEWS STATION:
Interview with Mayor Jerry Sanders talks about San Diego Entrepreneur Day (mid segment): http://www.fox5sandiego.com/videogallery/72398551/News/Mayor-Sanders-On-Entrepeneur-Event
The “Blue Ribbon Team” of Entrepreneur Supporters and Guest Speakers at Opening Ceremony include California State Senator Joel Anderson presenting a Certificate of Appreciation by the California State Senate, San Diego County Ron Roberts, City Coucilmembers Kevin Faulconer and Todd Gloria, East Village Association President David Kazan, Small Business Association (SBA) San Diego and Imperial Counties District Director Ruben Garica presenting a Certificate of Appreciation on behalf of the Federal Government, Mayor Sanders presenting the City San Diego Proclamation of Entrepreneur Day (by Lisa Gordon-Hosch on behalf of Mayor Sanders), and co-founder of San Diego Entrepreneur Day, Mike Spangler, earning the first-ever “Triple Crown” of Recognition in support of San Diego Entrepreneurs!
From Jesse Arroyo the official photographer of San Diego Entrepreneur Day 2012. Tag yourself and others:https://www.facebook.com/pages/ArroyoPhotoscom/132571246772899?sk=photos_stream. Also, see entire photo gallery at See entire gallery at http://gallery.arroyophotos.com/g/entrepreneur_day