Entrepreneur Day Schedule
- September 27, 2013
- 6:00 pm - 9:30 pmA paid ticketed event- Friday Evening Business Networking with Food & Beverages, along with our sponsors and exhibitors, TasteMasters Guest Panelist, ending with our 2013 E-wards. Open to the public. Join our eNewsletter to receive updated information.
- September 28, 2013
- 10:50 am - 4:00 pmEntrepreneur Day 2013- Exhibitors, Pop-Up Offices, Consultants, Startup Demonstrations, Product Sampling, Raffles, Give-aways, Fashion Style Art Show & Lounge, Guest Speakers/Presenters, Lounge & Learn Workshops, Main Stage Elevator Pitch Contest for Cash and Prizes, Mobile Apps, and Interactive Events. Join our eNewsletter to receive updated information.
- September 27, 2013
Sponsored AdvertisementAdvertisement Placed Here
“The Evolution of a Startup begins with the Entrepreneur!”
Attendees must register to have access to certain component events, workshops and experiences during Entrepreneur Day 2013. The registration may enter the attendee into multiple raffles to win prizes (must be in attendance to win).
or select link http://register.sdentrepreneurday.com/
**Important: Exhibiting is ONLY on Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 11:00AM to 4:00PM.
**Friday night’s event requires a paid ticket, includes food and beverages (as available).
Attend to Discover – Recognize – Collaborate – Celebrate Entrepreneurship
Friday Night, September 27, 2013
6:00 PM to 9:30PM (limited to 400 attendees) Attendees MUST register at: http://register.sdentrepreneurday.com/
- Location: FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising), 3rd Floor, Comerica Bank/Diamond Tower Building 10th Ave and J Street, 92101
Venue, Food and Beverages provided by:
6:00PM to 7:00PM - Networking Happy Hour and Style Design Show
- All the food and beverages inclusive (as available) included with ticket
7:00PM to 8:00PM - Guest Panelists (The TasteMakers, Entrepreneurs with different tastes, interests, target customers and business sectors). Guest moderator – Brian Hawkins- Director of Consumer Marketing at venture-funded StyleSeek(tm), and instructor at FIDM, UCSD and CIBU.
- Topics to include raising capital, forming of the cofounders, sales strategies, use of cash, branding, the logo design, dealing with employees at a startup, marketing of a startup, getting into the mind of an entrepreneur, and more.
Leaders/Founders in the “TasteMakers” Panel include:
- ForwardMetrics (recently closed on $1M+ of seed capital)
- Skin Authority
- Good Time Design
- VC Entrepreneur from Silicon Valley
8:15PM to 9:30PM - E-wards given out to 15 outstanding San Diego based Entrepreneurs/companies http://sdentrepreneurday.com/contests/open-ewards/
- Guest Emcee
- Guest presenters from Hiscox Small Business Insurance, Accion and more.
Saturday, September 28, 2013 (street capacity for over 7,500 people)
- Free registration to win prizes, enter here: http://register.sdentrepreneurday.com/
- Free to attend, open to the public, and bring Pets!
- Exhibitions, Workshops and Main Stage Events
- Starts at 10:50AM to 4:00PM
- Located @ 715 J Street, from 10th Avenue to 7th Avenue, 92101
- Unfenced area, free and open to the public
- Limited to 100, 10×10 sized Exhibitor Booths
- Located by Petco Park on J Street with 5 major streets blocked off
- Food and Beverages provided by local establishments
- One main stage with over 200 seats
10:50AM – Opening Ceremony & Ribbon Cutting and Surprises!
11:10AM – Fashion Style Art Show http://sdentrepreneurday.com/events/fashion-style-art/
11:45AM – Fashion Style Lounge Experience Sponsored by Fortune421
12:30PM - Entrepreneur Guest Speaker on the main stage, presenting Mark Bowles, Founder of ecoATM. View at http://sdentrepreneurday.com/events/guest-entrepreneur-speakers
12:00 Noon to 4:00PM - Workshops (two locations) http://sdentrepreneurday.com/events/workshop-presenters-2
Location Changed from BASIC to the Cateye Club at 377 7th Avenue, between Lucky’s Diner and the Blind Burro (limited to only 50 people!)
Lounge & Learn sponsored by GoDaddy
12:00 Noon- GoDaddy – The importance of Domain Name and Email Branding
1:00PM - Digitaria – Social Media, PR on the Web
2:00PM - Embark Law – Introduction to Partnership/Co-Founder Contracts, Pre-Entity and Entity Formation and (Intellectual Property)
3:00PM – The Importance of Branding and Logo Design – Handcrafted Brands by Jeremiah Gardner
Farmer’s Mercado Workshop (outdoor tented area, located on J Street and 8th Avenue)
12:00PM – Farmer’s Market Vendor 101 (condensed workshop) by (Catt White, co-founder of Public Market)
2:00PM - Brand Promotions by Blue Sky Marketing
3:00-4:00PM - Case Study- Success Stories shared and questions answered by Homemade Harvey and Tea Gallerie
1:30PM to 3:30PM – Elevator Pitches (main stage) http://sdentrepreneurday.com/contests/elevator-pitch-to-angels/
- Ten (10) Finalists
3:30PM – Elevator Pitch Awards (Cash and Prizes)
** DJ Music Entertainment
** Product Sampling
** Focus Group Research
** New Product Introductions
** Networking and Collaborating
(tentative schedule, subject to change)
- Parking, Transportation, Food, Exhibiting Opportunities?
- See Frequently Asked Questions at http://sdentrepreneurday.com/faqs
We reserve the right to change the schedule and content at any time.
Please be aware there are other events nearby Entrepreneur Day, such as the SD American Heart Walk and the Opening of the new public library.
For parking and transportation, please refer to our FAQ page: http://sdentrepreneurday.com/faqs/
Event: San Diego Heart and Stroke Walk (www.sdheartwalk.org)
Event Date: Saturday September 28, 2013
Expected attendance: 8,000
Location: Petco Park (100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101)
Expo Opens: 6:00am on Saturday 8/28
Opening Ceremonies: 6:50am
Walk Begins: 7:10am
Closing Ceremonies: 9:00am
Expo Closes: 10:00am
The American Heart Association’s San Diego Heart and Stroke Walk (www.sdheartwalk.org) is the best way for companies and individuals to get involved in the fight against the No. 1 and No. 4 killer of men and women – heart disease and stroke. The Heart and Stroke Walk promotes physical activity and heart-healthy living, while also celebrating our heart disease and stroke survivors. There is no registration fee to participate! The walk will begin at Petco Park at 7:00am on Saturday, September 28, 2013. The American Heart Association San Diego Heart and Stroke Walk is part of the My Heart. My Life platform. My Heart. My Life. is nationally sponsored by Jenny Craig and Subway, and locally sponsored by Union Bank.